Six Business Priority Reasons to Join the Southeast Volusia Chamber of Commerce:
- Power. Your name and Your business adds to the power of our work on issues facing every business in Southeast Volusia. It is critical that every business belongs to show a united front as we represent the drivers of all tax dollars…. business. The Southeast Volusia Chamber of Commerce is in the front row representing the interests of business at city, county, state and federal meetings when issues impacting business are on the line. Your name and your business multiplies our influence.
- Empowerment. If knowledge is power, the Southeast Volusia Chamber of Commerce empowers every member with data, constant updates of business news including who’s who, who’s new, who’s growing, plus event calendars for marketing, business seminars to improve performance, business articles to continually educate our members, business leadership training for future growth. In reality, most members don’t join the chamber as much as they have the chamber join them.
- Economic Empowerment. Jobs mean customers to members of the Southeast Volusia Chamber of Commerce. Since 2010 over 1600 new jobs have been added in the Southeast Volusia market as a result of our Chamber’s relentless support of job growth which means customer growth for our members. If one new customer pays for membership, every other new customer multiplies the return on investment into perpetuity.
- Marketing Empowerment. First, failing businesses don’t join chambers of commerce. The businesses that join are successful which means they want more success. Emerging businesses join chambers because they want access to successful customers. By joining, Chamber members prove they have money to spend and are willing to spend it for the best products and services. Dollar for dollar, we are the best marketing strategy for any business. Who wouldn’t want access to this niche market of progressive businesses with spendable income?
- Networking Empowerment: The fifth reason, not the first reason to join. People do business with people they know. There is no better business vehicle to introduce and connect you and/or your sales team members to our ideal demographic of pre-qualified prospects. The majority of our members understand that NETworking is one letter away from NOTworking. They utilize their chamber membership as their #1 tool to create these connections.
- The First Rule in Business: You get what you give. Many members volunteer in a variety of ways to prove (market) their credibility and potential value as someone to do business with. Many volunteers ultimately move up and provide leadership to keep the Chamber the most powerful business support system available to you. Altruistically, it’s the right thing to do when you belong to a business community.
Add the SEV Chamber Website to your Mobile Device Home Screen
Southeast Volusia Manufacturing Technology
Established in 1926 with over 2,000 members, the Southeast Volusia Chamber of Commerce remains an active group of working professionals who promote business and economic development for the communities it serves.
The historic Chamber building located at 115 Canal Street, New Smyrna Beach was constructed in 1934 and since then has been through several renovations to reflect the styles of the times. Beginning in 2010, the building underwent complete outside and partial inside restorations with funding from Volusia County ECHO Grant and City of New Smyrna Beach CRA funds to bring the building back to its original 1934 splendor.
The Chamber of Commerce is YOUR business advocate. The Legislative Affairs and Economic Development committees work on your behalf representing our business community on local and state issues. As a group, we can make a considerable impact on the important issues facing our community. We work ON your business while you work IN your business.
Networking is a huge part of growing your business and you’ll have that opportunity at monthly Business After Hours, Weekly Leads Group Meetings, General Membership Luncheons, Business Seminars, by joining committees and more. People buy from people they know, so get to know other businesses in the community through Chamber events and activities.
Additionally, your information will be available to the over 30,000 residents, newcomers and visitors that contact the Chamber each year, for local area information and referrals. You’ll also receive member exclusive advertising opportunities and discount prices at our special events. Contact the Southeast Volusia Chamber office today to find out more about benefits of membership.